Total Pageviews

Friday, April 19, 2013

My Prayer

Many will wake up this Friday morning only to hear more news about violence in the State of Massachusetts.

They seem to be targeted at this time. Why? I do not know. Could it be that they we an honorable lot that helped with the formation of this country? Are these acts of terror some sort of cruel joke among those acting in such a criminal nature? 

Shooting at MIT at Cambridge and then shots fired and bomb went off in Watertown. 

This is truly sad to say. 

While many slept, many wept last night. 

I pray to God not out of fear but out of pleading that this is not the beginning of an age of terror that many of us have never experienced personally other than through the news media.

Oh we can watch and rant about what we would do faced in the brink of such but the strongest weapons we have is our brains. 

If we use them wisely we will prevail. 

I call for a prayer of nationalism and unity among the people and the act with the wisdom that God has bestow on many of us. 

In the words of FDR "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." 

Do not fear. 

Fear is what true terrorism is based on. 

Do not Fear! 

We need to use our wise judgement to stay calm in the midst of these horrendous acts. 

It is past 3 AM on the east coast and I am sure our President has been awaken with the news of this evening. 

I pray so earnestly for their instructions from God to guide the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches to help unify this country and stop this as soon as possible. May God open the doors in which they should follow as godly men and women. 

I further pray that God keeps everyone calm and rational during this time. 

I lay all this at the feet of Jesus to take our worries from us and soothe our fears and sorrows.

I call for unity and nationalism!  I call for NO FEAR! 

Amen....

No comments:

Post a Comment