Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 1, 2014

I will try not to judge anyone

A day does not go by that I do not sit in prayer for a friend or a foe that I am associated with in one form or other. I attempt, though, not to “hang” with foes because that is just too disturbing—too much drama. I am a living breathing Christian. I also have many friends who are like me and many who are not. I have one friend in particular that I debate points of beliefs with not in an argumentative way, but like it is a game of sports. I enjoy it too.When we discuss the Bible points and current events, we both have to be in top notch form with no interruptions. I have several friends, some old and some new that I learn from. I so much enjoy their points of view. I appreciate the opinions of all if done with tactfulness and courtesy. 

I do not appreciate a stranger shoving Bible verses down my throat and judging me at the same time!

I had to block someone on Facebook – a total stranger—because he called me “evil.” This stranger judged me horribly because I thought “Unisex” bathrooms were a good idea. What is the difference between the words “Unisex” or “Family” bathrooms?

 Follow my thoughts.

My children are two years, two months, to the date apart in ages. When they were little, under 6 years old, and we would go shopping it never failed that both had to go to the bathroom. Well every parent is just really excited not to have to change diapers and relish the day when their children urinate on their own; but, like most concerned parents, letting small little boys into a very busy public men’s bathroom is a little scary because of pedophiles that hid in the shadows of life. Same goes for their daughters as well. Pedophiles are both men and women. Pedophiles attend your churches also. Now it is awkward for mom’s to take their children in the bathrooms of just women when it just women. Women in public bathrooms are not always modest either in their talk, appearance, or actions. Changing a child’s diaper on a public bathroom floor – would literally make me ill. That is the way it was in 1989 and 1992. Family restrooms did not come about until my children were well past those ages.

This past week the Houston Mayor was able to get an ordinance passed about “Unisex” bathrooms. Yesterday, I as in mid-town Houston –at a grocery store--and had the pleasure of using a “Unisex” bathroom. I knocked on the door, and the bathroom was empty. I was able to lock the door behind me to do my thing uninterrupted. Notice I stated “locked the door in an empty bathroom behind me.” I was alone in the bathroom. I didn’t like looking at a men’s urinal on the wall. I decided to speak to the manager about this. I was advised they were going to put a door on the urinal stall. First thing that popped into my head was: “Wow. This should be more of a convenience for families—both men and women alike with small children. 
There was a handicapped stall, urinal stall, changing stations, and regular stalls.”

Now many in the Christian community are up in arms. Why is it because this ordinance was done by a lesbian mayor or the word “Unisex?”  Yet, a stranger called me “evil” because I have a different understanding that many do not. 

I don’t want to go to the bathroom with strangers –women or men—anymore than the next person. I went to the “unisex” bathroom alone, with a locked door behind me. How safe is going to the bathroom alone as a singular parent shopping with small children and be able to lock the door in a public grocery store bathroom? Now, it is very safe. The only question I have is will all the “unisex” bathrooms be the same in all the stores? We do not know yet.

I do not necessarily support our Mayor because I do not care for some of her politics. I respect the position and the person who was voted for that position regardless of who they are. To quote me: “I don’t care if she is from Tim-Buck-Two with a third eye, wearing pants upside down and paints her two-third nails polka dotted.” Our Mayor’s personal life, her morality, etc. is between God and her.

Why am I evil? 
(That is a very thought provoking question.) 

This person posted a few Bible verses aimed at my written opinion. At which time: “Oh I do not feel like this.” I blocked this stranger.  I cannot stress enough, that when Christians judge others—like I was judged-- they hurt themselves and not me because I turn a deaf ear and see not.

Stay away from stupid and senseless arguments. These only lead to trouble, and God’s servants must not be troublemakers. They must be kind to everyone, and they must be good teachers and very patient. Be humble when you correct people who oppose you. Maybe God will lead them to turn to him and learn the truth. 
(2 Timothy 2:23-25) 

Note…even though I don’t totally by all that Paul writes, there is some value in some of his work. Yet there is a dispute whether or not Paul wrote 1 or 2 Timothy or not.

Judge not, that you may not be judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 
Matthew 7:1-2

It is my understanding from many studies judging someone means to condemn them. We as human beings are not capable of seeing a person’s heart or knowing his or her relationship with God. In no shape, no form, and no fashion should be acting in God’s place of making judgment on someone’s motives or their salvation for the eternal life. However, has any man on this earth been contacted by God to be concerned about the actions of others? This is where common sense and reasoning as Christians have to come into play.

Let me warn good Christian beware of your common senses and make sure they are intact. If we judge on the actions of abomination or sin we must judge all of them as listed in the word of God, the Bible. We cannot just pick and choose what is considered as evil. Does abomination mean sin? That is man’s individual interpretation of free will. Man’s interpretation can be wrong.

Abomination is defined as dislike in the modern English language.

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him; haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. 
Proverbs 6:16-19.

He who justifies the wicked, and condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the Lord. 
Proverbs 17:15

I could go on posting many verses that speak of abominations. However, this is where I am spiritually lacking to determine what denotes God’s law verses Mosaic Law? Both are contained in the Bible.              

It is also an abomination …to eat fish without fins or scales… women walking around without their head being covered… round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your bear... worthlessness… bestiality… incest… pre-marital sex… divorced women remarrying… pride… cutting one’s hair… prostitution… cross dressing… condemnation of others… and so on. (Alright--- no more eating lobster and shrimp you major Christian sinners who had sex before marriage especially if you are a man wearing woman’s clothes or woman wearing man’s clothes or anyone with short hair! This phrase is called “a little humor.”)

In my studies, and after deep prayer, I honestly feel in my heart that unless the abomination states as per the Lord, it is classified as a forbidden practice because of the Mosaic Laws; it is not necessarily meaning to designate it as a moral sin. We have to depend on God at this point. We have to pray and I mean heavily—thought provoking, uninterrupted prayer.

As good Christians, examine your motives first and foremost in your actions. Your Christian actions can push a possible Christian away from God and Jesus faster than a cat that has a clothes’ pin on its tail. That is pretty fast too. 


Keep in prayer those with needs and as well as each other.

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment