Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2015

The Light Brigade

The Light Brigade, I must confess is a poem I had never heard of until I watched the movie The Blind Side. If Tim McGraw was my high school English teacher, I would have not only sat up straight, heard it and memorized; but done a somersault, landed and licked my eyebrows clean in one breath with an incredible smile on my face. I had to read this poem. Since I enjoy history and facts, straight to “GOOGLE” I went to look up everything I could find on it.
 
Wow! Blow me away. Courage! Honor! We do not often hear words like that used in our society today. In the positions of Mike Oher and the Tuohy family took courage and honor applied it to a  giving and receiving type relationship. This type of blind faith is how we help God meet the needs of the people that walk the face this earth
 
LSU Tiger Stadium is nicknamed the “Valley of Death”; though The Light Brigade is not about the football team. It packs in over 100,000 guest. That would be scary knowing that many eyes were watching you.
 
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me..." (Psalms 23:4) In your lifetime, how many people will be watching you? What examples are you setting for them?
 
It takes courage to stand up and be noticed. God has commanded us to be courageous and not to fear that courage. (Joshua 1:9)
 
Maya Angelou wrote:  “Courage is one of our most important virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
 
Tennyson wrote it to memorialize men during an impossible battle that would be considered “a suicidal charge.” Their leader commanded them and they followed without question.
 
You know Jesus’s Father? So, if God knocks on your door, who are you to question whether or not you are home, ready, willing and able? God’s business ain't no Cheech and Chong movie where they say:
 
“Who is it? Nobody’s home come back later I am washing the dishes!” (Or was that Animal House?)
 
We can honor by at least trying. We aren’t perfect, we are just human. Tennyson agreed with God as courage is commanded of us from God. Angelou states the actual importance of courage is the most important characteristics.
 
Regardless of how we are raised, courage is the ability to stand up and try. Honor is the ability to learn and give back for trying. Ask yourself if there is any courage and honor in killing another child, in killing for sport another creature, in being mean and having the lack of humanitarianism for one’s self worth, or life in a community? We should do the correct thing that God wants us to do and that is between God and our self.
 
Did it ever occur to anyone that the reason God judged Adam was that he lack courage to stand up to his wife and he chose not to. He then turned his back on God which was dishonorable.

 
 
God bless each and everyone.

 

 

 
 
 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment