Total Pageviews

Monday, June 26, 2017

What I see - a poem

I have stepped out of my body and what do I see?
I look through the eyes of those that view me.
I see,
this old woman with dark circles peering with deformities,
a blob of skin sagging, overlapping and tilting a posture,
salt and pepper sprinkled in the hair that is wild like the wind it fosters,
an object of no use to the gene pool of life,
a person who very seldom sees sun the light,
an object dark in stature,
an object afraid of the here and after,
I look through the eyes of those that view me.
I see,
this old woman singularly,
a person excluded from main stream society,
a mass of exclusion for simple propriety,
a wanton excuse of humanity,
an ogre that may live on the streets,
the very essence of sadness and not understanding why,
a woman who doesn’t want to die.
When I look through their eyes what do I see?
I see nothing because I am looking at me.
The definitions of what I see is a disappointment and I have become a burden to thee.
For when I look in the mirror and not through anyone’s eyes I see me.
I often feel my family doesn’t wants me not, for I am alone in a world of strangers.
O, but I am being punished—
I will sleep and wake another day, hoping what I see is not looking at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment