Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Choices we make

We have choices in life. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. I have been thinking about atheists lately. I have always stood ground on the contention that to not believe in something, we have to acknowledge it first. For an atheist not to believe in God, they have to acknowledge His existence to disbelieve. Interesting how that works.

I was trying to think of something earlier in class and could not remember the exact phrase. Then I remembered it on the way home. Man left to their own devices cannot control their will because they do not understand the concept of the natural order of life. In natural law, which is universal, if nature is left unchecked  it can run rampant. Think of your garden. If we do not control our weeds it chokes the growth of the garden.
My son and I were talking about a specific belief that people have of how God can allow disease, pain and suffering to exist if he is a loving all powerful. The answer is easy. We do not live in a utopia. There are many unanswered questions. God left man in charge of the earth yet God is in control of the creation. Disease, pain, and suffering are parts of life since the beginning of 
creation. Death is part of the cycle of life.  
Be prepared and do not fear what our future holds; when I say be prepared, that is to be able to explain your faith, not only to yourself but to others if asked. Can you justify why you believe what you do? Furthermore, being prepared is also standing in front of God on judgment day to answer why we sinned as well.
My dear friend of many years, Jim Kiser, in years past has been working in China as a teaching missionary. He is planning to go back overseas with YWAM. Jim is a graduate of Johnson Bible College in Tennessee. They are accredited university and Jim was a student in good standing when he graduated. Currently he is planning on further training in (DTS) Discipleship Training School. “The purpose of this school is to help people better understand what God has in store for their lives. There are two parts; one is an intensive 12 week lecture phase where I will be learning from people all over the world. Then I will part take in an 8 week outreach phase where I will travel to China to reach people for Christ”, according to Jim Kiser.

Jim is asking if anyone would like to partner with him in his mission work. He is seeking at least ten sponsors to donate $10.50 per month which will assist in monthly expense. He is also asking for prayer support. If you are in a position to assist Jim in his mission, please email him at jimzainar@gmail.com .  I know Jim Kiser and his parents personally to be a very fine example of a Christian family. They work in their community and help many people meet their needs. At one time, they helped me when I really needed it. I did pay them back even though I did not have to. I wanted to so they could be able to help others.
Keep in prayer everyone through these horrible storms lately in hopes that all are safe.
For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4.

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment