Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blessings

Today is my last final for the spring semester at 6:00 pm. I am glad too. I rested my brain yesterday and today. If I do not know it now then never will. Of course – we are still out debating just that concept.  I really applied myself this semester to be serious and not so much of the rambunctious person. My over the top behavior hides mainly my physical and emotional feelings as well as a bad bundle of nerves. I figured out that being rather silly or acting strange is better than crying or being a grouch. Although, there have been months (in the past) where no smiles or happiness prevail. Of course, to be totally honest, I have never forgotten my blessings and some of my attitude also—somewhat--hinges on the “feeling sorry for me blues.”

Let’s change speed and think of more positive things. This morning I went to the corner drug store. It is very convenient for me. Many know I have mobility issues and make use of a scooter. One problem with that, my actual wall charger has a short and is not charging my scooter like it should. I’ve been planning on replacing it tomorrow for the past two months of tomorrows. Scheduling with my children and free time doesn’t always coincide like it should. While heading back to the house, my scooter died--no more juice. I scooted with my feet or walked with it, stopping only when reaching my limit to rest. My son was in the shower and couldn’t be reached. My daughter was not here. I received my full exercise this morning. What made the difference this morning was an associate of my son’s—Carla---that works here, she helped push me home the very last leg of my trek. These are the special blessings that I do receive. As big as Houston is, there is always someone who takes the time to help.

Blessings help make life easier for me. I receive all different kinds when I least expect it.

Keep in prayer today:
Gary Hellman
Pilots for Christ in Monroeville, Al
Ashley Larson (Letters to Ashley, the Ashley Larson Cancer Foundation)
Bailey Byrd (Bailey’s Journey)
Roy and Christy Baker Jennings
Larry Keating
Keep in prayer for each other.

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created him and for him. Colossians 1:16

When we look up we see the heavens; and, what a wonderful sight of a bright moon, twinkling stars, cotton clouds, and wind blowing about our earthly presence.

In my studies on Milton, there is a particular website that I often accessed to help put some of my studies into perspective. It is called the “John Milton Reading Room” that was put together by Professor Thomas H. Luxon through Dartmouth College. The argument in Book III is absolute wonderful but there is a specific passage that I would like to share:

“The Son of God renders praises to his Father for the manifestation of his gracious purpose towards man; but God again declares, that grace cannot be extended towards man without the satisfaction of divine justice; man hath offended the majesty of God by aspiring to godhead, and therefore with all his progeny devoted to death must die, unless someone can be found sufficient to answer for all his offense and undergo his punishment. The Son of God freely offers himself a ransom for man; the Father accepts him, ordains his incarnation, pronounces his exaltation above all names in heaven and earth; commands all the angels to adore him; they obey, and hymning to their harps in full choir, celebrate the Father and the Son.”


God bless you all while staying safely in His arms. 

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/contents/index.shtml 

No comments:

Post a Comment