Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 27, 2017

I profess

Recently, I have been grilled on my faith and beliefs from other Christians. It seems they wanted me to see the Biblical word in their definition. I understand very much so, however, the more they pressed, the more they gave me in idea that I was being persecuted, judged, ostracized, examined, and or pitied.

So, I have to ask, in the word of God did he not give us free will? And, what is free will? Before I get off on this “tangent”, please take into heart, that the majority of Christians believe as their church, their religious doctrine. Yes, they read the Bible and they understand what they were (a) raised with in religion, and (b) comprehend from what lessons they did receive in church. Occasionally, one might admit they pray for guidance after reading the word of God.  It doesn’t make it right or wrong any more than my beliefs formulated as an older person. In my past, I too was raised in a Biblical based religion (hard core Southern Baptist) attending Biblical based schools until my high school years. I also received my post degree from a Biblical based religious school.  

This is a profession of my faith. You do not have to agree with anything I write, convey, or believe. That is your right. “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather serve one another humbly in love.” (Galatians 5.13) “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” (Proverbs 16.9)

These two verses that I quoted from the Bible are telling me that we have the freedom to believe in God and Jesus (incarnate), but we have to establish in our course to set the path toward that of the LORD. It is our choice, whether or not we do or do not follow it. It is just that simple. In modernized religion, many do not follow but make historical reference to Mosaic Law. There is nothing wrong with that. I, on the other hand, happen to use the Bible for my personal benefit. That means what in the Bible is applicable in my life, my way of living, my soul, my heart and then drawing a fine line of how to live in today’s society. This just means, for example, the entire Bible is considered as applicable law to me and my circumstances.

Understand or comprehend (whatever floats your boat) that I take into consideration; what is literary, what is literal, what is cultural, what is plausible? I then pray before I formulate any idea. I may research a topic a little more after prayer. I may pray, “God explain? Why?” “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be give him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” (James 1.5-6)

It is okay to ask God questions. Especially if you don’t understand. It is not okay to doubt in HIM or Jesus (incarnate) because of the ways of this physical life.  In my opinion, questioning God is healthy. A really good example is an everyday occurrence—like death. So often we wonder why our love ones were taken from us? Why is God allowing evil? Why is God allowing pain and suffering? The answers in many cases are right before us, but we can’t see them. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55.8-9)

We may not ever understand why. Somethings are answerable and some things aren’t. In death, God needs the spirit more. The body is not meant to last forever. We truly do not have an earthly concept of what forever means. Pain and suffering is allowable at the hands of God. Never doubt that. There is a reason. “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens…” (Ecclesiastes 3.1) This you may doubt about pain and suffering. May I refer to Job. Job was not of the 12-tribes. He was not a Hebrew (a Jew). God allowed the devil to tempt him to prove a point.  The point was to prove his faithfulness in the face of physical adversity.

My point to all this discussion being, my opinion isn’t necessarily right or wrong. Your opinion isn’t necessarily right or wrong. Only God can determine on the day of judgement who is truly worthy and faithful to enter into the kingdom of Heaven, not man and their definitions.

I profess that I am a Christian, and a faithful one. People whose opinions differ than mine may very well be faithful Christians, too.  We should always remember the following:

(1)    Accept Jesus (incarnate) as your savior,
“Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is LORD and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10.9)

(2)    Follow his instruction, do his will, and do his work,
“What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, be warmed and filled,’ without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So, also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” (James 2.14-17.)

(3)    Stay as close to a consistent faith in God/Jesus (incarnate.)
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our, Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus…” (1 Timothy 2.1-15)

(4)    Try to the best of your ability not to let the pleasures of the world overtake you very being.
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with the desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.” (1 John 2.15-17)

(5)    We do not always understand God, His methods, His reasoning, and most definitely do not comprehend anything dealing with him in time. God’s time is here, the now, but we don’t know God’s time because we are not him.
“But, do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the LORD one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” (2 Peter 3.8)

(6)    Learn all you can about God, the Bible, the Culture of the twelve tribes … learn with an open mind and heart. It doesn’t detract but can build your faith’s strength.
“An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.” (Proverbs 18.15) All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” (2 Timothy 3.16)

Do not fear the unknown, because the unknown is dark, null, void and without existence. Fear God, LORD, instead. Fear whether or not you have been faithful enough to sustain life, the light, of the every lasting.


It is free will that allows us to have faith, but by the Grace of God will we receive the LORD and He us in his arms. Do not judge or doubt what is in a person’s heart. I like many others have been guilty of doing just that. After all I am only human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment