Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Changing.

It has been a few weeks since I have had the opportunity to blog. It is a beautiful Sunday morning and my old eyes seem a little weary.  Never seem to get enough rest.

I have recently moved. My great nephews, niece, son, daughter, and her two boys were on hand to help make this possible.  Of course, my grandsons helped—after all one is just 2 years old and the other is 8 months old, but their opinion was greatly needed. I moved from a one-bedroom apartment to a nice small one-bedroom house. It is old and has been renovated. It could very well be my nice sanctuary when I get everything decorated and unpacked the way I want it. I have to take it one day at a time because right this minute it is so over whelming.   I am sure I will get more done when the weather turns a little cooler.

The wonderful thing about this house is that it is next door to my niece. I am not lonely here. My great nephews are out of school for the summer and are over every day. I laugh silently and shake my head at them.  They are growing boys, young men of 18 and 16 that come over every day just to raid my fridge. They are at the hollow leg stage of growing. I do have to admit that I really do enjoy their company.

Last night was rather pleasant outside and a slight breeze whisking around. I sat outside with my niece and neighbor. We chatted about genetics and the migratory patterns of indigenous natives over the centuries. His background is Spaniard. We all agreed that there is not a pure race in today’s society. Of course, I had to relay what I had learned, years ago, from a dear friend of mine, who had lived in Africa for many years, had told me. She is correctly classified as an Afro-American.

She told me “Julia, black people in America have no idea what real racism is unless they have lived in Africa.”

I always thought that was such a powerful statement. She has a lot of wisdom and worldly travel for her years.

Anyway, I am looking forward to living here a while. I will try to make it a habit to sit on my porch every day and needle point. I can do that now without being bothered by a group of little unsupervised children bothering me. Don’t get me wrong, I love children- I use to be one and have little grandchildren which I simply adore. I am in my golden years, though, and often we have come to live to the sound of our own pace – our own drums beating—our own tune of music. Beside I am just not into running ice cream snot nose sticky children in saggy diapers with dirty faces and clothes wanting to put their hands on me.  I also detest unsupervised children whose parents would rather sit on their porch and drink their beer, while paying more attention to the cell phone than their children.  

Speaking of music, I need to buy a stereo system where I can crank up the volume. I like old school music… ZZ Top, Alabama, Charlie Daniels, Willie Nelson, Chicago, Who, Eagles, etc. I also like some more modern sounds like Fergie, Kid Rock, Hot Chili Peppers, etc. I may be old but I am not dead. I remember how it was when I two stepped and shook my hips with a hot man on the dance floor. If I did that now, I would probably throw out the hips and or dislocate a boob or two.  

I will close for now. I do hope that everyone enjoys their Sunday and leave you with one of my favorite verses for today:

23rd Psalm

“… HE restores my soul; HE guides me in the path of righteousness for HIS name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for YOU are with me; YOUR staff guides and comforts me. YOU prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; YOU have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows…”   

May God bless each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment