Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Today in my life- the start of another day


The weather forecasted today rain, some rain, heavy rain, tropical depression rain most likely, and whatever else is contained on the radar. So, I looked outside to see what the weather is going to be like today. Do you have any idea what I found? I walked on my porch to take in the morning fresh air and look around as usual. After coughing for 15 minutes from inhaling all that freshly polluted air, to my surprise there was no rain. Strange the radar showed a lot of it. Maybe I just couldn’t see it and or it absorbed so fast into the ground it was still dry.

I read the headline news as usual. Starting off with the major contributors like Fox, CNN, MSN, and then working my way onto the local affiliates—ABC, NBC and CBS. It was so depressing that I wanted to go back to bed and hide for the remainder of the day. A good cup of coffee couldn’t have made it any better. Sometimes reading the news is like waking up to a freshly stopped up full toilet of rancid pooh made by someone with a serious case of irritable bowel syndrome.

Let me recap some of the highlights! Yes, we know that the president has no idea what he is doing and is high contradictory on everything. Yes, we know that there is an investigation as to Russian involvement with the Trump campaign in 2016. Yes, we are aware that prayer in schools is under separation of church and state. Yes, we are aware there is a racial disparity going on. Yes, we are aware that pooh may lengthen your life cycle (this was reported on Fox’s website.) Yes, we know that the congress is indecisive as far as who does and does not want to stand with the so called presidential ideals or election promises. Yes, we know we have been in Afghanistan for at least 16 years fighting for (we still haven’t totally figured that out yet.) Is it terrorism, oil, or US illegal drug imports? Well it couldn’t be for the Afghan cultural fall fashion line.

Isn’t there anything worth reporting of value anymore? Does it even make sense? Let’s report on the sink of dirty dishes I have to do or the load of laundry that needs to be done because life goes on. Gloom, doom, blood, guts and gore – I have a stain on my favorite blouse. What happened to zombie apocalypse? What happen to the gun rights and everyone needing a gun to defend themselves from the invaders that haven't broken into their home yet? What happened to the latest report on the high deadly weapon, the car in a crowd? 

Society loves gloom and doom, blood and horrible stories. I was reading about the young female journalist whose torso was found. At first, she was reported in a ship wreck sub buried at the bottom of the ocean. Then she was dropped off at a specific location. Now her headless torso was found, identified and what appeared to be limbs removed by hacking. Can you imagine what her family might have felt after reading this information on line, in print or maybe hearing it on the news? We want humane treatment to all, but is the news report being humane? I don’t think so!

Is it there anything going on that isn’t particularly repetitive, depressing, disheartening in the world today? I don’t want to see another photo opportunity of a politician with a group of school children who have done something miraculous. We know that 2 minutes after the photo was taken, the impressive political official has no idea those children’s name nor what their project was.  Then we have to endure on social media a photo shopped picture with a caption: “Did this political official do this? No, but this one did.”

Then we have to suffer with website called “Breaking News” which is (in most cases) someone’s blog made to look like real news. Of course, all news is fake news unless it comes out of the president’s mouth which is “We have no idea what he is talking about, until it is translated by someone who does.”


So, this is my morning. I am searching for worldly events and end up with a case of regurgitation. 
Instead of serious upset stomach from the news that makes living more stressful, I do believe I will write this idiotic blog, then pray seriously that God intervenes in my life and the lives of so many who seriously need him. 

Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment