Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Rambling Subjects....


This morning the internet wet down. When that happened so did majority of all my communications. I use video chatting a lot to contact my friends and family. I use it more so than the cell phone because I detest telephones. But, for some reason I am able to connect to the internet on my cell but not on my computer. So, I am having to reduce to using the phone without video chat.

As I am writing this I am speaking with my daughter on speaker phone. She is an interesting person. She asked me, “Mom, does the left side of your stomach vibrate for any reason?”

How does a mother with a short memory respond? She looked up her stomach vibration symptoms on the internet. I just told her, “How very interesting.”

We had been discussing diets. I told her that a good mixture of food is beneficial for a healthy diet. Do not think about losing weight, just think about eating healthy.

Seems society wants to place this stigma on total thinness. Thin people can be unhealthy just as much as people who are overweight. The idea weight for a person, is the weight they are healthiest at. We need to eat more to move our metabolism. We need to eat right, a balanced diet – not like the food pyramid. Well rounded; mainly fruits, vegetables and proteins. Don’t over eat any one thing.  One should take their time eating as well. Chew the food good. One thing that should be a habit on a daily basis is water. Drink water when you first get up, before anytime you eat, and at least three glasses extra. Staying hydrated is extremely important.

Why is all this important? I don’t know why, I am not a doctor, nor a health professional. I can just relay what is best for me and that has helped make me stay partially healthy since I have been diagnosed with several chronic illnesses.

Some of those illnesses is directly responsible from skipping meals, not eating healthy, too much prescribed prednisone when I was younger, and stress. I would say alcohol and tobacco, but there is a 50/50 chance of that. Why do I make such a comment about alcohol and tobacco after all the studies? 

Well let me tell you this….

I have relatives who lived in their 90s who drank homemade shine and smoked like smoke stacks. The key to this was eating health and exercise. When I say exercise, I am not talking about going to the gym and work out. I am talking about gardening every day or walking to get to where we are going. What is the difference? Fresh foods… not fresh from the super-market but fresh from your garden. Animals were killed and cured personally. Women canned their own foods. Preservatives just were not used. The great-relatives butchered their meat or took it to have it butchered and filled their freezer. The cost was ½ cow. They had fresh berries (wild ones); quail hunted; deer hunted; had a community hog killing. 

If they wanted to travel, they walked to town and took the train. Upon arrival, they walked where they needed to go.

We have become so progressive that it seems we have progressed ourselves into becoming a lazy society and not just in the USA but all over world.  Our society has become gluttonous. I don’t mean over eating either. I mean gluttonous for money—material things as well.  Things that are supposed to make our life easier where in actuality it has made it more difficult. It is so difficult to the point, our children have too much built up energy—physically and emotionally.  This is where people cannot determine their needs (what is best) over their wants (material got to have).

Instead of walking to school, they take a car or a bus. They sit all day long and go for PE or play time. They don’t even study classic education like they should to help instill proper thinking skills. These children should be learning to work the earth and not control it – which seems to be the up and coming thing. God created mother nature and we shouldn’t fight it or control it, but we should learn to work with it. 

I have rambled enough this morning. 

I do hope everyone has a good Tuesday.


 “Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.”

Philippians 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment