Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I learn something new all the time

I really enjoyed my class this evening. Each of my fellow students, are absolutely wonderful people with fantastic insights. I learn so much from them and they are getting use to my foot, inserting in mouth. I like to think I have a large vocabulary, but I really don’t. I have to look up ever word I see that I really do not understand. I had to learn to differentiate between Arianism and Aryanism, and Arminianism with Armeanianism and Armeaniaistic culture. But, the differences made a great topic because of culture verses belief verses mythology.

Changing the subject:

The question was posed tonight: What would have happened if Adam and Eve had not sinned? Would there have been a utopia? First thing that came to mind was a movie that my cousins and I went to see in Jackson, MS back in the early 70s called “Lost Horizons.” The characters stumbled into Shangri La—a world of utter perfectionism. If you left the boundaries of Shangri La then your body ceases to be perfect. We were the ages 10 – 18. We all went back to my grandmother’s house and asked our parents if this type of world really existed.  I think about the horrible time period of our society at the time, 1973 and how really innocent we were—seeking to learn the truth that is not always presented.

I think sometimes we all look for that perfect world and it doesn’t exist. We have to have good and bad. We have to see the bad, not necessarily participate in it, but really see it truthfully to understand life and keep our faith in check.

Something else I learned new tonight; of course, I came home and researched what I learned. Oh, I feel like such an unlearned person. Xmas- someone forgot the put the Christ in Christmas. Well, truthfully, no they didn’t. X is the first letter of Chi and denotes the word of Christ (Christos) in the Greek language. It is a Greek abbreviation for Christ. So the next time we see Xmas written, Christ was not left out of the equation.

“Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5)

I am a major believer in truth. Education (some education) can help us understand and recognize exactly what truth is. We can never be too educated in learning the word of God.


Pray for each other. 

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment