Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Learning Does not stop when we leave School

For many who do not know I have been chronically ill. At Christmas I received some test results that were run again because of the diagnosis. It is confirmed that I am in early stages of kidney disease. Oh well just another thing to deal with. My body just wants to wear out but my spirit wants to continue strong. It is okay though because I am not stopping life. I will do what I have to do to take care of myself to the best of my ability, but I will steam roll if I can.

I still try walking, cleaning house, cooking when I can, and going out to see what life has to offer. I can say this, for each and every person, become educated. Education just doesn’t stop when we leave school. In the history of our society, we honestly do not know whether or not we are learning what the “truth” really is. For truth to happen, we have to understand the thoughts, ideas, and formations of a vast array of subjects. It just doesn’t happen. We all should learn realism and how to reason as well as the understanding of what is in our hearts.

On anybody’s road to learning or self-discovery, we have to look at life. Life consists of historical examples, reading, thinking, suffering, and seeing what isn’t so nice to look at. A person does themselves an injustice if they stagnate in their world doing mundane rituals day in and day out. Self discovery is looking at a leaf that has fallen to the ground to understand why: it is looking at a baby clasping a finger to understand why: it is reading the word of God to understand why: it is looking at a painting to understand why: and it consistent with smiling at the end of a day when you tell yourself you understand why. That is seeking the truth.
Learning starts with a simply question as to why?  Ask what science that deals with the earth’s physical structure and substance, its history and the processes that act on it is the best place to start. Start with geology. “O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires.” (Isaiah 54:11)

Can you imagine a city build with stones of turquoise? What about the foundations of sapphires? How and why would it be done this way? How did they mine such stones? Learning is wonderful and in the majority of cases, it simply starts by opening up the Bible and reading the word of God.

Keep in prayer the families and friends of those lost on Malaysia Flight 370 which is still missing; keep Brandon M. Ingram who is trying to rest comfortably; we pray that God’s will takes over and that peace is with him, his family and his friends; keep prayer Ashley Larson and her fight against cancer; keep in prayer Penny Belcher who went to a memorial of a good family friend today; it was tough and her and her family; keep in prayer each other.

“Then he continued: Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.” (Daniel 10:12)


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment