Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Supreme Court on Affordable Care Act

On 25th of March the Supreme Court of our country will hear the Hobby Lobby case. It is pertaining to Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) mandate that forces businesses to pay for abortion-causing drugs, sterilizations, and contraception for the employees regardless of religious beliefs.

I honestly (from personal experience) have come to find out that the Affordable Care Act is anything but affordable. Best my memory serves most insurance will pay for a termination of pregnancy if medically necessary. They also will do the same for sterilizations for women as well as contraceptives. I feel though that abortion causing drugs and an abortion period for the hell of it shouldn’t be covered because that is an elective procedure similar to a face lift or tummy tuck. Note that I didn’t use breast implants because reconstructive surgery after mastectomy is an important issue. I also do not think it is important for medical insurance to pay for penis pumps just for fun.

I have to question whether or not this violates religious beliefs of the individual and not a company. How would you feel if a “company” made a decision for you about your body? I don’t necessarily agree with the “forced” situation. I understand where the owners are coming from. They are a large privately owned company and they are having financial problems. Would this forced insurance stipulation cause more burdens on the company?

Also keep in mind, that there are many people in the US that shouldn’t be parents and many people in the US that should be sterilized—bottom line, not everyone should be parents. I am not abdicating abortion by any means unless it is medically and psychologically necessary. Elective sterilization by men and women is a personal choice.

The Affordable Care Act imposed on the people is just that “imposed.” Hilary Clinton’s national health care was a far better system than this. This Act has caused more problems, and it reminds me of King passing a regulation just because he has the authority to do so. It is also a classic example of a society that was too afraid to speak up before hand and a legislative group that has lost their powers to govern.

My personal opinion on all of this: remove the president by public insistence and replace our legislature. Surely there is a violation of some type that has already been made by our president. I voted for him, but I am reaping the mistake in doing so. My son and daughter are paying for my mistake. Then again, what choices were there? There were no candidates that would be considered suitable for office.

I am not suggesting doing this because I am a stickler for following the laws of the land; but, I wonder what would happen if the masses of the people cancelled their Affordable Care Act insurance in protest?  Would it send a clear message?

I pray every day that for changes. I pray that the future will be held in God’s hands.

Keep each other in prayer.

“One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.” (Psalms 27:4)

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

***SPECIAL NOTE: On 12.31.2013, I posted prayers for the husband of Anna-Perez Crugliano. It was not her husband in the hospital in the VA. It was her ex-husband. I do apologize for the error. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment