Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Truthful learning

I don’t always discuss what I learn. When we get an education, it is suppose to be (in some cases) in search of the truth. I learned a lot as an undergrad in liberal arts. I think, at times, some of what I learned I really didn’t want to know. Sometimes what I learn, I verify, and then I get angry over it. In graduate school, you can learn more of the same stuff from different sources you weren’t aware of. That can really inflame that “big burr stuck on my big behind that I am sitting on.” It fosters a dream that will never happen.

That dream is to dig up the forefathers, slap ‘em stupid and ask them, “What the hell were you thinking?” I knew that we were not really all created equal in the eyes of the revolutionists, and that many were not Christians but Deist. But what really upsets me is they had this tendency to equate gentlemanly behavior with material assets and hid much of their true self; because, they were seeking power and if the people knew that God and Christianity wasn’t their main objections they would have never been elected. So they perpetrated many “smoke screens” to avert the truth. I suppose that is why we have the First Amendment in the US Constitution even if we disagree with some religions it is there for a reason.

Bad part about it is that my ancestors were right in the middle of it, too. I discovered that while reading a JSTOR publication of a “William and Mary Journal” of some property deals (pre-revolutionary) in Virginia.   The sad part of all of this: our public education is so screwed up that teachers are not allowed to teach the truth. They teach what they are told to teach as prescribed by some intellectual bozo, which has lost all touch reality. I wonder if this is why they (public school systems) stopped so many arts in the schools. Arts (broad term) is a thinking release of the inner self. I requires thinking; deep self discovery. Literary arts, musical arts, and visual arts come from the deep inner self.

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free…If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” (John 8:31-32, 36)
I know I can be abrupt verbally about politicians, and people in general. But, I am no angel, never have been and never will be. The American people need to start standing up: if they want values, well do not be so easy to be fooled by smooth talking people or media induced “fantasies” of the past and present.  Is the truth so hard to understand?   
Please keep in prayer Julie Riddle’s father (via Gary Alan Conn) who has stage 4 cancer; keep in prayer those families and friends of those who were lost or injured in a natural gas explosion that caused the collapse of two apartment buildings in NYC; keep in prayer for each other.

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment