Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Baked chicken, a speech, and a lot of people

I have come to the conclusion on the topic subject I will be presenting in April.  It will be on how the Kingdoms of King Alfred (English) and Charlemagne were introduced to Chivalry and why it was so strong during Charlemagne’s Carolinian reign and not as strong during King Alfred’s time.  The historical information on this will surprise many people. I know the answer but to write about and present it is another deal.

I suppose that is why I have been trying so hard to walk and get just a little more weight off. Reason one is this presentation; reason two is I want to walk at graduation across that stage. My children will be taping my presentation that evening. If you are Houston on April 17th, it is an Academic Symposium and if you would like to attend just let me know. Other than class presentations, I haven’t spoken on a stage since 2007 and that was to an audience of more than 500 people with chicken lodged in the cleavage of my breast and bra.

Okay… I am sure I have told this but here is a brief story of what happened. The presentations at a fundraiser in 12/2007 were during the dinner. I had a piece of chicken on my fork when one of the organizers tapped me on the arm holding the fork and chicken went down my shirt. Needless to say I didn’t have time to retrieve it. The gentleman at my said told me he couldn’t tell and I will do fine. I had my speech memorized and didn’t need the notes. When it was all said and done and I exited the stage, I started trembling something fierce.

“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.” (Psalm 118:6-9)

Keep in prayer the friends and family of Barbara Russell—Ambassador and Queen of the Darling Red Hatters of WPSCC Chapter—Philadelphia. She went to sleep and woke up in heaven on February 19th. She will be missed so dearly here with us but God needed her more. Keep prayers for the safety of Joseph Davis (via Consuella Thomas-Price); he has been missing and has health issues. Keep in prayer for Dinna Nance Cunningham who has not been well. Please, keep each other in prayer.


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment