Total Pageviews

Monday, February 17, 2014

Our knights of Valor

It has been a wonderfully productive day. I started to get on another research project; then, I put it down and turned on the artist side of me. I needed to relax. I did too. I enjoyed every minute of it. “Tomorrow is another day” so says Scarlet!

I just read the news article on the 4 year old boy “Found Wandering in Jordan.” It is disturbing to think of what might have been going through the mind of that little boy. Were his parents as concerned? Will he ever reconnect with them or are they dead? War has many victims other than those just killed.

I read of our service men who have returned, injured physically and emotionally. I wonder will anyone in war time ever heal. It changes the faces on this earth and the hearts of so many involved which also includes families. Whether it is a war on the streets or on foreign soil, those involved are friends, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, and little children—when one goes to war so does their families.

Edward Gibbons stated: “Whatever titles a despot may assume, whatever claim he may assert, it is on the sword he must ultimately depend, to guard him against his foreign and domestic enemies.” (“The History of the Decline and fall of the Empire” Vol. 7, pp 33)

We may not always agree with our military actions, our justice systems, our police, or agencies that are suppose to guard this country from harm; but, who else is going to fight the battles that need to be fought; who else is going to pick the dead bodies off the street; who else is going to stop the psychotics from doing detriment to society? Who else is going to hold the hand of a parent who lost a child? We may think we are tough individuals with our arms at our side and in our homes, but they are taking the actions and suffering for us – the military, the police, the justice systems, and so forth.

 Always remember no one person is perfect in their duty nor are all honorable, but the system works to the best of its ability. If we do not like it, the best way to change a system is to change it peacefully from within and not against.

Say “thank you” to our protectors for they are truly our valor knights who try to honor us in their service.

“I have command my holy ones; I have summoned my warriors to carry out my wrath—those who rejoice in my triumph.” (Isaiah 13:3)

Keep in prayer Jim Kiser for God to show him the open door in his future. Keep in prayer Ashley Larson who is tentatively scheduled for surgery in Florida on the 19th and that all goes well. Keep in prayer each other.


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment