Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Love has many faces.

It is a new beginning in the month that our society has designated signifying relationships of passionate love. (Commercial hog wash!) By the time you purchase that heart of candy and give it out, did it ever occur to you that you might be partaking in last year’s Valentine’s Day –LEFT OVERS? The commercial shelf-life is like a Twinkie. It could probably withstand an atomic blast and still be edible 5 years later. Eat enough of it and you will probably grow another heart all on your very own – outside the body.

Okay, so, I am not a fan of Valentine’s Day! But I am fan of love, compassion, friendship, and romance. I feel everyone should be. It stems from the internal expressions that we all have. The only problem with that is “getting it out” and “expressing” that wonderful feeling.

“Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine; your anointing oils are fragrant; your name is oil poured out; therefore virgins love you. Draw me after you; let us run. The King has brought me into his chambers.”

That is pure poetic romance of the best kind. This is a woman expression for the love of her life mate.
“If you do not know, O most beautiful among women, follows in the tracks of the flock, and pastures your young goats beside the shepherd’s tents.”

He expresses his love in return.

Absolutely beautiful! Those were the verses from the Song of Solomon 1: 2-4, 8.

“…Eat, friends, drink, and be drunk with love!” (Song of Solomon 5: 1)

I could go on but I think you get the point. True love is lasting and enduring.

I once told a young girl that you may think you love at your tender age, but it is a hormonal imbalance and should pass. She came back to me a few years later and told me how right I was. It was hormones because she found true love that is real and lasting. That point of this view doesn’t apply to everyone.

I know of one couple who have been in love and still are pretty much all their lives. They are alive and well living in a northeastern state. I also know people who have lost that great love to the heavens and have loved once again or never at all. I have known those who have loved and lost because of indifference who had never loved again. And, I have known those who love just for the sake of love, compassion, and fear of being alone.

Never confuse relationship love with the love of the people. There is a difference. I love many emotionally but that doesn’t mean it is a relationship love. My love is like a mother, sister, or dear friend and it can pertain to all sexes, all races, and has no limitations. Relationship love has boundaries of commitments. The love of people has no boundaries. My love has no physical commitment or actions. It is a love of generalized life!

“We know that we have passes from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother abides in death.” (1 John 3:14)

Do not let the sun go down on your blessed soul without love in your heart for that special person, but also keep the love in your heart for humanity—mankind.

Keep in prayer the family of Nate Coe; an important person in his life went to be with God. Pray for each other.

Reminder this is just my opinion. I will be respectful of yours and I expect the same from you.


God bless you all and keep you safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment