Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I was protected as always without doubt

I will read something and remember an event that has either been suppressed or just forgotten.

When I lived in North Carolina there was a time when I held two jobs. This wasn’t the first time I have held two jobs in my life time. In 2008, I drove a taxi-cab on my days off from working in a hotel – an administrative employee with more than five “hats.” My children needed additional money for high school that year and it was my job as a parent to see they get it. My friends and associates from work were very concerned for my safety; but, I had been trained to know what to do and how to behave. I also kept my Bible on the front seat of the cab which I felt would be protection. It protected me one night.

I had picked up two men from a strip club to take them to their hotel at about 2:00 a.m. They were funny. One of them was very “amorous.” When we got to the hotel, one gentleman paid me for the fare and went on inside. The amorous man stayed in the back seat and talked while making advances. I wasn’t scared. He even offered to pay for my time to the sum of $500. It would have been money I could have used too. I repeated numerous times that I was not interested. He gave me a $100 bill, dropped his pants, and slid into the front seat.

He asked me: “Have you ever seen anything this great before?”

I told him: “Please get your naked butt off my Bible.”

I was calm. He got out of my cab, pulled up his pants, and left. I had Clorox Wipes in the cab and sanitized by Bible cover. He left his $100 bill sitting on my seat next to my Bible. That night after all was said and done, all expenses for driving the cab paid, I had more than enough money to pay for what my children needed and plenty left over.

The word of God protected me. Since then, I have never ever doubted the presence of God.
There have been times when I have been so broke that I didn’t know where the money was coming from to feed my family. God pointed me to some Christian friends who helped me out. I did pay them back so they could help others. It seemed at times there were dark clouds circling just me. There were times I had no car and had to walk everywhere including in the snow or rain just to get groceries. There were times I just wanted to give up. There were times when all our needs were met. Not once did God leave my side.

(This is one of my favorites.) “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)

Keep in prayer Stuart, son of Pete Prescott, who will be having surgery this week. Ashley Larson is doing much better today; her temperature is down and she is in better spirits. Thank you all for responding last night to the prayers. They made a difference. Keep each other in prayer.


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment