Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just because it looks good doesn't mean it is good.

How many of the people my age or a little older grew up seeing a plastic bowl of fruit on the tables of our mothers or grandmothers?  I was really young the first time looking at these luscious purple grapes that looked so real and so delicious at my paternal grandmother’s house. They sat in a wire type silver bowl. One day, when no one was looking, I snatched one and put in my mouth. There was no sweet nectar. It was bland and very chewy. I spit it my hand and it was still round: not squashed like most food and blah as I viewed the content in my palm intently.  I knew I couldn’t eat it; so, I dried it off and put it back with the others.

Hypothetically, fruit are a lot like people. Just because it looks good, doesn’t mean it is edible.

“…But, the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)

A person can invest themselves in relationship with a vast array of people that interact in their lives daily but that doesn’t ensure that the investment is wise. Sometimes the relationship has no taste and it is not the “real deal.” Put it back and only invest in the reality of something that is the spiritually ripened.

When we make decisions in life, are we making it off of past experiences or superficial ideals?

Keep in prayer the family and friends of US Navy Commander Alphonso Doss (Pensacola) who was taken home on February 12th; it was announced today that his death was ruled a homicide. “Support for Sophia” announced this morning that Sophia went home to be a baby angel. Keep her family and friends in prayer. Ashley Larson is improving and is in great spirits; but, still is in need of prayers to continue improving and to help her financial needs to be met. Keep each other in prayers.


God bless each and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment