Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2014

Truth has to spiritually honorable

Today has been much better. I prayed a lot last night to lay my worries down. I studied and outlined some material for class and rested.

                I was having trouble last night in class, expressing myself totally, which is sometimes nothing unusual for me. Of course I question just about everything from A to Z in my studies. The topic was communion. I question the rituals practiced since they technically are nothing more man’s commemoration in association with certain events in the Bible. Sometimes I feel different (no funny jokes about me being “different”) because I look at too much at the realistic truth. The Bible never instructed any man to follow of the commemorated events that are practiced at church. To get my thoughts together I had to talk it over with another a professor this afternoon—who is accustomed to my peculiarities. (I also think he understands that there are times my turnips are not on the elevator like they should be.)

                There are specialized traditions that are part of a community that helps people feel part of a group. Even though there are no biblical mandates, the rituals are said to be a show of respect for authority, wisdom, and unity of the spiritual community.  The spiritual community means the church in which we chose to worship in. It is true that society (generally) does have a general lack of Ecclesiastical history because of a specific doctrine they follow. I suppose what I am getting at is that religious based traditionalism and symbolism can be a very beautiful event.  The doctrine is a guidance in which a person worships in their religious community.

                Worshiping God and Jesus can be the most wonderful events in any person’s life. Understanding the philosophical theology behind the tradition and how it all came to be is absolutely magnificent! Sharing knowledge of our ideals can be very rewarding even if many do not believe like you do. You are sharing part of yourself.

                 Keep in prayer 498th Mobile Transportation Unit who left today on their 3rd tour in Afghanistan: may God guide them and keep them safe always. Keep in prayer Ashley Larson who is recovering in Florida. She was up and on the walker this morning; we want to continue in prayers for and with her fight on cancer; keep my uncle Mike Walters in prayer. Lift each other in prayer as well.

                Paul stated: “Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.” (I Corinthians 11:2) Paul instructed (even though I don’t always agree with what he has written) honorably to the best of his ability in accordance with what he understood was godly and what Jesus would have wanted him to do as a disciple. He felt it was important for the future of Christianity. However, Jesus said: “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?” (Matthew 15:3) If your tradition emulates the true spirituality of God or Jesus then you are honoring the gifts and blessing he has bestowed on us. Truth in our hearts has to be spiritually honorable.

                Remember my opinion; you don’t have to agree. I will though respect your opinion if you respect my.


                God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment