Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chasing the Blues

It has not been the best week for me. There are times I really get blue. All anyone has to do is look at me and I will cry. There is no rhyme or reason as to why. I am in more pain than normal and haven’t been able to rest like I should. There are also days I have trouble speaking or really doing anything. I suppose this is what everyone calls depression. I am physically sick because I am depressed or I am depressed because I am physically sick. The cycle continues and this too will pass. In the words of the character Scarlet O’Hara: “Tomorrow is another day.”

I will force myself to leave the confines in which I have built and get back to the living. There are many things that need to be done this weekend and I will get them all done.

Now that being said and done, I am not alone in my feelings because there are millions of people who feel the same way at one time or another. I do not know about men, but women have more hormones that can play havoc on every aspect of human mind and body. All I have to say is that society better be damn lucky that women do not have hormonal imbalances at the same time in America because men wouldn’t stand a chance.

When I get like this, I just have to spend several days in solitude and prayer until it passes.

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hill be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” say the Lords, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)

These are the times that we feel useless, abandoned, unloved, and unwanted. I have come to realize that is not that case. The truth of the matter I have the love from my family, much affection from many friends, and 
the best love of all—God’s love.

So when life is a little too much and we get down, then take a deep breath and look around you at what really matters most? It may be that the answer is directly in front of you. There are times when it is too hard to see, but it is there.

Keep in prayer Becca Brooks (via Cheri Wiggins) who will be having an appendectomy. Pray for a positive outcome and quick recovery. Ashley Larson’s surgery in Florida has been postponed due to a slight illness. It is scheduled on the 19th of this month. Keep in prayer for each other.


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment