Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

How fresh are your turnips?

I have spent the majority of my day studying. My daughter has a dental abscess, chronic syncope, and my son is having back problems. I am crazy because the book I am reading I have to read it a few pages at a time and then reflect. I have read it once but now I am typing up the important part in my notes and have to really analyze it all. I have so many deep theological questions which in some way interact with the studies of the constitution, how it was formed and what the heck fire were they thinking?

I also have one presentation with a 1,000 word essay and a 3-6 page poetical analysis due in a few weeks. I have never done a poetical analysis in my life. I am breaking down everything in small “knowledgeable bites” to my brain can absorb it.  As it sits right now, I have no idea. My turnips have been soaked too long in the pot and are mushy. All my light bulbs are burned out and my elevator has ceased to run. It actually ran out the door! 

Sometimes we read scholarly text that makes so much sense pertaining to our life. It can be really scary. Today I was reading about the element of time dealing with social order. When the author wrote, I could tell exactly which biblical verses he applied his literary application to. I have already decided that each time I read something in the Bible to read it with a blank slate as if I have never read it before.

Russell Kirk in “The Roots of American Order” quoted Thorleif Boman in which I will paraphrase from page 41: Space is like storage that arranges and holds where we live, breath, and expands freely; it is the same for every man—regardless of his or her experiences. Kirk contends that we are only given just a glimpse of God’s time and eternity. To quote Kirk, “God is not bound by the human conventions of time”, this also includes the space where we live, breath and expand freely.

The time that God has allowed us to have is in an order.

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

We cannot even image God’s time. Our time and God’s time is two different creatures.

“But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” (2 Peter 3:8)

Russell Kirk further more contends that “Jehovah had put his law in their inward parts, and written it upon their hearts. In exile, their national community was broken; they perceived the reality of God inwardly and through worship…without knowledge and confidence we would have perished altogether…it is possible to learn why men submit themselves to a personal order and a social order. To go to the heart of the matter, why do human beings conform to a prescribed personal order, when often their immediate pleasure and advantage would be served by disregarding that personal order? …His Law still is the source of order, even when the forms of that law have been secularized.” (pp 44)

We have a moral and a social order through God, which comes first. A person cannot put it any plainer than we have secular laws in which we follow, but over that (note I said the words OVER) is God’s Law. That Law can only be known if you open that Bible, read it, pray about it and live it to the best of your ability. 

Furthermore God does not punch a clock; he only rests in his time and not ours. That means he is available when we sleep, when we work, when we play, and when we weep.

Keep in prayer the John Richard Miller (Sandy Stimpson father in law); he went home to be with God. Keep in prayer Jeff Griffin who is not well. Still keep in prayer Shea Morrow Fraley and her son Alex who have been sick with the nasty cruds. Pray for each other.

This is my opinion. I respect yours, so please respect mine.


God bless you and keep you safe in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment