Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Check everything out.

It is hard for me to say where I get the words to write from. Early this morning, starting at about 5 am, I was up doing my independent studies. I have been reading a book written by Richard Bauckham called “Gospel Women.” I really recommend it as a good study. On one of the pages (pg 25) he is quoting some information from Jeremiah. Of course, I have to check it out.

I ran across a passage, not really pertaining anything (that I was reading); I feel this passage applies to the leaders of our society, some ministers, printed pamphlets on political figures running for office, and self proclaimed “godly” people that state, “God has spoken to me.” 

“These unfaithful prophets claim that I have given them a dream or a vision, and they tell lies in my name. But everything they say comes from their own twisted minds. How long can this go on…My words are a powerful fire; they are a hammer that shatters rocks…These unfaithful prophets claim I give them their dreams it isn’t true. I didn’t choose them to be my prophets, and yet they babble on and on, speaking in my name, while stealing words from each other. And when my people hear these liars, they are led astray instead of being helped. (Jeremiah 23: 25-26, 29, 30-31) “You will never be free from your shame and disgrace.” (Jeremiah 23:40) 

The only contact that I have with God is in daily prayer. He hasn’t actually spoken to me; though, I feel he guides me by helping me make certain decisions and I feel he opens doors for me. If I pray over what I have read in the Holy Bible that I do not understand, he helps with my reasoning abilities. My prayer puts me at ease and takes away my worries. God sees to my needs.

“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

If anyone actually claims that he has actual spoken, I would be worried. God is like the shepherd, guiding his flock gently with his staff. The lamb has to be trained by his shepherd to follow his lead; which, brings up another question that has been asked and stated to me personally many times over by others.
“Is the end of time near, the second coming?” “All the signs are there just like in the Bible.”

History cannot repeat itself identically. The past is over with and can never be recreated; if it could be then we would actually have the time travel. There are, however, similarities in what we witness today in comparison to events in the Bible. I have to remind everyone that there is no way, no mathematical formula, no hidden text, or anything else that we can use to determine when the second coming. We all have theories and opinions of when it might happen. Again, yes there are similarities in what is written in the Bible.  

If we are totally committed to our faith in God (that means 100% commitment) then we will know without using the signs in the Bible. We will know and be absolutely sure in our souls. We will not need to use earthly time because God’s time is not man’s time. God’s time is something we know nothing about because it is not comprehendible to man. Always remember time was originally based on nature and the celestial which there are only theories in science as to how.  Of course the Bible answers how—God created it.

There are many who are not well, seasonal colds, allergies, some with the flu, and some who are spiritually dying or dead, others physically dying, and some fighting deadly diseases; please keep them in your prayers. 

Pray for each other as well as being thankful for your needs being met.

I encourage anyone that reads this to have an opinion and a voice. Look up the information. God wants us to question.  

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.” (Hebrews 11:1-3) 


God bless you all and keep you safe as always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment