Total Pageviews

Monday, January 27, 2014

I am not a prophet, a seer, or anything great; I am just a student who hopes one day to be called a scholar one day. I just enjoy discussing the Bible and learning every little intricate detail about life, why we think the way we do and where are we all going. I doubt seriously I will ever have the answer to my questions, but I have enjoyed trying to learn them.

I have learned to beware of demagogues and prophetic afflatus. I had been concerned about the affect these types of people have on society but I couldn’t exactly put a definition or name to them. Demagogues are political leaders who seek support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument. A prophetic afflatus is a person who has tendencies of divine creative impulses or inspiration where they believe they have obtained supernatural communication of knowledge. (“Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary and Thesaurus”)

In the last 20 years I can name a lot of people in the national and international spot lights who are like this; this would include and not limited to major politicians (some ran for president) and leaders of some really popular churches in existence today.

“Hear this word, Israel, this lament I take up concerning you: Fallen is Virgin Israel, never to rise again, deserted in her own land, with no one to life her up.” (Amos 5:1-2) If you start in the beginning with Amos, it is revealed that “The Lord roars from Zion and thunders from Jerusalem; the pastures of the shepherds dry up, and the top of Carmel withers.” (Amos 1: 2) God destroyed Israel because of its unfaithfulness. “I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery.” (Jeremiah 3:8)  The covenant was broken by the people. “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, said the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31:33) God is of the people, including all people.
The people broke the covenant with God in the Kingdom, Nation or Country of Israel and it was never rebuilt or made with them as a country again. It was made with the individual people surviving that judgment. 

We all have descended from those roots as science proved, the same parentage.

The covenant with God is in our hearts and souls; it is in each person. We have destinies. “And at the end of time, the world will be transformed justice will triumph; Zion will be perfected; the people who have kept the faith with Jehovah will be rewarded.” (Russell Kirk, “The Roots o American Order”, pp 32-34)

That is some deep stuff! It is up to us to accept God and not just in bits, parts, and pieces either. We have to be totally committed to all of him. We can no longer look at the Old Testament as “the historical version” but we have to look at the entire Bible, the make sense of the complexity of this world we live in. I cannot even understand God’s time. I know he his designated time for us; but, we in no way scientifically or not understand his time. His time and his presence is our undying faith.

Here is the thing; it is time for us to submit to him 100% percent. I could care less if you are part of Judaism, Christianity, or Islamic faith, do not let the sun go down on soul until you sit in prayer with God. If you pray to Jesus or any other prophet you wish to follow their doctrine in God’s world, great! But it is vitally important that you pray to God. Save your soul-- the sooner the better.

 Note:  This is just my opinion. I will respect yours so please respect mine.

Pray for each other.

God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment