Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Three Religions

I woke up this afternoon terribly hot and disoriented from a really bad dream. My knees were hurting because in my dream. I was praying (on my knees) for that the person hanging by their arms in the other room. I didn’t want him to be executed by the hooded men wielding their swords. I was hot, couldn’t breathe, and soaking wet from sweat.  I have never been a big believer in the interpretation of dreams because it is something we manifest from a physical illness or something we ate that is not agreeing with our body. I cooled down and went to buy me some more water to drink.

I know what the problem is and I suppose I need to face it straight forward. The second test result and message from my doctor: “Elevated amount of protein in her urine which indicated the early stages of damage to her kidneys from diabetes.” Well when the first results came back in December, I pretty much stopped drinking everything but coffee and water. I don’t guess I am doing such a great job on watching everything. I have learned to face that my body is just worn completely out. Put that down.

Tomorrow is another day. I will just have to try harder. I will just have to “beef up” the work on myself a little more.

I have spent the better part of the day studying for my class on Tuesday night. I will have that finished tomorrow and the start on my studies for the Thursday night class.

In my reading today, the word Zion popped up. (It can also be translated as Sion, Tzion or Tsion.) I suppose I really never paid attention to that specific word until today. I always thought is meant temple. It shows up in 2nd Samuel for the first time in the Bible.

“Never-the-less, David took the stronghold of Zion that is the city of David.” (2 Samuel 5:7)

According to Russell Kirk (the author of the book I am reading for class) “it originally meant the hill on which David established Yahweh’s shrine and built a palace.” (pp18) As I continue reading, I rediscover something that I was aware of but Kirk puts it in a different order that what I know. “For all that, this unlikely spot became the most holy ground for three great religions, so that the city on its plateau nearly surrounded by deserts magnetically drew back inhabitants after destruction, though mighty Babylon lay covered by the sands and the old capitals of Egypt gave way to Greek Alexandria. Jerusalem was denounced by the prophets for wickedness and harness of heart, but the city was condemned so fiercely only because it was loved so passionately. Where the Temple built by Solomon stood once, there rises today the Dome of the Rock, the Mosque of Omar, erected by the Muslims in 688 A.D. The Temple, with its most sacred chamber Holy of Holies, was the reason for Jerusalem’s symbolic power over all Jews; the palaces of King David and his successors were as nothing by the side of the Temple. Jerusalem, said the prophets and the priest, was the throne and dwelling of Jehovah: all the nations of the earth would come there to worship the one true God. And so it came to pass.” (pp 21)

The three religions he is referring to is Judaism, Christianity and Islam and it is clear that they should come together and worship one true God. Are the three religions at this time being denounced because of their wickedness and hardness of heart? I have to ask that.

In the Bible, there was a contract between God and the tribes of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, and Issachar. I suppose that Dinah (the twin to Zebulun) was left out of the equation because she was a female. This starts about Genesis 25.

Also in the Bible many forget one important point.  About Genesis 21, Abraham took a bottle of water and some bread and sent Hagar and Ishmael on their way. God spoke to Hagar: “Arise, lift up the lad and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.” (Genesis 21:18) God provided water for Hagar and then traveled on.

My question point blank and it may sound ugly: why the hell is everyone trying to kill each other? Do they think it will get them closer to God? Do they think they are the special chosen tribe? Wanting to get a better piece of the pie? Lay material rights to something that very few are aware of? Do they think they are better than everyone else? I am not pointing a finger at any one religion; I am pointing a finger at three: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.  

CRAP! Utter crap!

So man would rather violate the will of God than to come together and pray on how to fix this absolutely sick ill ridden international society of greed, hate, desolate ideas or terminal earthly illness in which we all live? I would image that God is just about fed up with a lot. Think about it. He left Adam in charge of humanity to be passed on. Man has done nothing but absolutely screw it up.

It is time to start new! It doesn’t matter about the past; it is time to take hold of the future. Judaism, Christianity, Islam need to pray together. They need to take the hand of their brother (believe me we are all related) and pray for God to please intervene in our world. Pray to heal. Just pray to be praying for peace, understanding and tolerance. We can still stand strong on our convictions but learn how to get along.

“Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” (Psalm 34:14)

“Through the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” (Isaiah 54:10)

Keep in prayer Jim Lund and the Lund family darling “Ginger” for their muscular pain: pray for each other: keep Ashley Larson in prayer for her upcoming surgeries and the battle she is fighting on cancer. 

***Remember this is just my opinion and you don’t have to agree with it; but, I do ask that you respect my opinion because I respect yours. Also the book I quoted from is The Roots of American Order by Russell Kirk. It is a book worth buying and reading. 


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

SPECIAL NOTE:
Jim Kiser, a very dear friend, is going back into the world to teach and spread the word of God. For several years he was in the far east. He does need help and support. For information please email Jim at: jimzainar@gmail.com. I have been associated with his family and him for more than 9 years. They are wonderful people. They hearts and their souls is helping others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment