Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Do we really know who we are at war with?

I have tried to write about issues from my heart. Before I pen the first word I pray deeply about the content and how many will view it. My top priority is how God inspires me on a specific message.

I was reading an article this morning about the “Black Widow Terrorist” in Russia are planning to cause horrendous acts at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.


The first thing that came to mind was the Vietnam War. One of the saddest of that war was the reception many honorable men received when they returned home. They were spit on and called baby killers. What I did not understand is WHY? The soldiers did not exactly know who the enemies were? If you were a US Soldier could you kill this precious little blonde haired girl in war? Or this darling young boy who studies everything about him?


Many a soldier knew or had experience with a female or child terrorist. There were women who would place bombs on their living infants and beg the soldier to take the child. That soldier would have then lost his life, or the majority of his or her limbs had they lived. War is not pretty and it never ends in the minds of so many who have fought to protect us. Children and women were part of the enemy we allegedly fought against in the Vietnam War. The ultimate outcome of Vietnam was nothing more than a war of property—a line on a map. Yet those “enemies” are still in existence all over the world.

Around the world including but not limited to my country, USA, we honestly do not know who our deadly enemies are in the world at war in which we live. There are many women, men, and children who have a personal vendetta for whatever reason to kill and destroy. Honorable people who are trying to combat this problem have trouble (still) determining what a terrorist is, how many, and what or where they will strike next. Sometimes I wonder if the terrorist are in positions of power within our governments. They too have had the tendency to harm the masses without true humanitarian thought to repercussions of their actions.

“Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” (Psalm 34:14)

Can you honestly say that you know who the terrorist or killers of humanity are?  They are the truly evil forces that have been allowed to come into our societies of the world.  The common factors are that evil forces and war have no gender, no age, and no social economic status.




 


I pray for peace; I pray to lay down arms of violence; I pray deeply that God will intervene.

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” (Proverbs 18:10)

I cannot say that I was always a pacifist, but as time evolves and my spirituality strengthens in God, I just do not see the justification to kill over ethnicity, power of material like oil or land, anger, or to prove a point of one religion being better than another.

“Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace.” (Psalm 37:37)

I pray for peace; I pray to lay down arms of violence; I pray deeply that God will intervene.

I could not find the photographer(s) to give them credit for their pictures I have posted but I thank them, because a picture tells more than my words ever could.

Pray for each other; keep in prayer for the friends and family of Rebecca Petrie who has joined the Heavenly Ranks of God; continue to pray for Angela Branson Jordan for a good recovery—it has been a rough this week; keep Lynn Moore Rushin’s son, Jimbo, in your prayers; he is having surgery tomorrow; again pray for each other.

Remember this is just my opinion. You do not have to agree with it. I will respect your opinion so please respect mine.


God bless you all and keep you safely in His arms. 

1 comment:

  1. For me I think that life in the world must be in perpetual balance. right now we do not have that which is the reason why the world is like it is today. The only thing else I think about is that it takes evil to destroy evil. A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Evil itself has no love even for it's own kind so therefore expect it to self-destruct.

    ReplyDelete