Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Blue Day

Today has been blue, painful, and tearful day. I can imagine that many have those types of days, but just do not bring themselves to admit it. Well, I just shook it off finally this evening and am trying to make a better evening. Sometimes we need to just shake things in life off that are bothering us. I have had to do that more than anything in life. One of the biggest consolations when things are not going well is to open the Bible.

“When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalms 34:17-18)

It helps me to read and then my soul is soothed. What is so interesting today is that my Mother received an apology. I had been accused of being ugly to one of my maternal aunts. The one I do not speak too and haven’t spoken to her but three times in the past 10 years. That maternal aunt called my Mom today and apologized for what she said and realized it wasn’t me who was ugly to her.  

To begin with, I try to harbor no ill will toward anyone. Second, if I do not care for someone I don’t associate with them. That doesn’t mean I will not pray for them, but it means I just will not get into their business other than pleasantry exchanges if needed.

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)

I will not conform to harbor hate. I will not conform to idle pettiness.

As Christians we should be above hate, idle pettiness, and those little unpleasant things that life has to offer.

Pray for each other, those who have lost family, friends, and acquaintances, and those who a ill.


God bless you all always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment